For many years, apple cider vinegar has been in use for various health benefits. Like other kitchen ingredients, apple cider vinegar can be as well used to reduce weight. It can be taken as a pill, added to salad or included in food to enjoy its benefits. The taste of vinegar is awful to other people and adding things like honey, lemon or cinnamon can make it have a better taste. ACV is sold in different forms with the best being raw unprocessed and organic apple cider vinegar. The raw unprocessed and unfiltered apple cider vinegar contains the “mother” which is a crucial component.
ACV is acidic in nature and thus it should be taken with caution. The ideal consumption of ACV is 1 to 2 teaspoons mixed in a glass of water. Also, it’s good to dilute ACV so that it doesn’t harm your stomach walls, or teeth. To prevent the enamel from eroding, you can take ACV using a straw. Unlike many weight loss programs on the market, apple cider vinegar works effectively in reducing weight. Other substances reduce weight quickly but after sometime the weight regains again. But with ACV, you reduce weight gradually but you don’t regain it back. In this article, we’ve highlighted important points that you need to know about ACV.
Summary of Contents
- 1 How to create Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
- 2 Other methods of using ACV for weight loss
- 3 The benefits of using apple cider vinegar to reduce weight
- 4 What to anticipate after taking ACV
- 5 Taking ACV is more beneficial than just losing weight
- 6 How to apply Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss
- 7 Different ways of speeding up your weight loss
- 8 Which is the best Apple Cider Vinegar to take?
- 9 Are there any side effects for taking ACV
- 10 Precautions when taking ACV
- 11 Tips and precautions for a proper weight loss program
How to create Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
Making ACV is very simple. All you need to do is to take one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it in a glass of water. Stir well and drink it using a straw. Also, you can add it to a fruit or vegetable juice or also tea.
People who don’t love the taste of apple cider vinegar can better the taste by adding some ingredients which will we are going to discuss further below.
For additional benefits and greater taste, add the following;
- Cinnamon – besides making the ACV to have a better taste, this substance cleanses the fat accumulated in the colon and digestive system. It reduces bad cholesterol levels and heightens good cholesterol levels. Also, it regulates blood sugar levels. Just add ½ teaspoon to apple cider vinegar.
- Lemon –it has pectin fibers that prevent hunger pangs. In addition, it assists in flushing out of toxins and betters the working of vital organs. Simply add one teaspoon of lemon to ACV.
- Garlic – the satiated hormone which makes a person to feel full for longer is stimulated by garlic. Add one teaspoon of garlic juice to ACV.
- Honey – for high energy levels and to suppress food cravings, add one tablespoon of honey to ACV. Also, it eases the digestion process and boosts the metabolism to burn fats.
- Ginger – ginger is a natural appetite suppressant that makes you feel full for a long period of time. This improves digestion and gastrointestinal motility. Add one teaspoon of ginger juice to the ACV.
- Maple syrup –individuals who are allergic to pollen maple syrup can be the best choice. This betters the digestion and offers vitamins and minerals to the body. Also, it acts as an antioxidant. Just add one teaspoon to the ACV.
- Cayenne pepper – this betters digestion, boosts metabolism, and assists in burning of fat. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to apple cider vinegar.
Other methods of using ACV for weight loss
- Make a salad dressing – adding ACV to salad not only improve the taste of the food but as well assist the body to digest well to absorb all nutrients. To create a wonderful salad dressing with ACV, take ½ cup each of olive oil and apple cider vinegar, 2 garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, salt, and pepper as per taste. Then, whisk the ingredients properly and drizzle enough amounts over your salad.
- Garden herb dressing – another way to make apple cider vinegar more useful to you is by combining ¼ cup of fresh chopped herbs, ½ cup each of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of raw honey, salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients properly and add enough amounts of salad.
- Ginger sesame dressing with ACV – also, combining 2 tablespoons of grated ginger , 2 cloves of garlic , one tablespoon of sesame seeds, ¼ cup sesame oil, 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon. Mix properly and add enough amounts of it to your salad.
The benefits of using apple cider vinegar to reduce weight
Reduces blood sugar levels
Apple cider vinegar functions excellently in preventing uncontrollable sugar spikes. A stable blood sugar enables a person to stick to their diet and eat only when it’s the right time to do so.
Lowers insulin levels
Insulin affects how the fat is stored in the body. The hormone is closely linked to blood sugar levels and its secretion is disturbed in individuals ailing from diabetes type 2. Some studies have found out that ACV works in a similar way by controlling diabetes.
Decreases fat storage
When a person takes apple cider vinegar it stimulates their metabolism and enables fat to burn a bit quicker. It also comprises many organic acids and enzymes that speed up your metabolism and heighten the rate at which body fat is burnt.
Better metabolism functions
Also, when ACV is taken, it improves metabolism and this leads to better functioning of your body system.
Detoxifies the body
Apple cider vinegar helps to flush out toxins from the body. This in turn helps the body utilize nutrients from food in the most efficient way possible. The moment the body gets rid of toxins, all the other bodily processes become very efficient.
Improves protein digestion
The acid that apple cider vinegar has helps the body to digest protein. For protein to thrive excellent, it needs an internal acidic environment for its digestion. The pH of stomach acid is good enough to digest proteins but also today, one of the major health issues is a low stomach acid. ACV can aid to speed up protein digestion as its very acidic in nature.
The name satiety means being full and satisfied after a meal. When a person takes apple cider vinegar before a meal, he or she will feel full for longer without increasing caloric intake.
Promotes better sleep for hormone regulation
When apple cider vinegar is mixed with honey, it can be used to treat insomnia. Even though there is no prove to indicate this, people who have used ACV suggest that it helps them sleep quicker. In short, ACV helps a person to sleep better as it regulates both the hunger and stress hormones which in turn assist to reduce weight.
What to anticipate after taking ACV
Many people want quick and fast results after they take ACV. But this isn’t the case. ACV doesn’t work that way and it needs time before the real results are realized. The good thing about losing weight when using ACV is that the change maybe slow but it’s permanent. Why rush to lose weight and gain after sometime. ACV will work gradually but you are guaranteed to lose small weight without regaining it. For it to function perfectly, you need to combine ACV with other weight loss strategies such as nutrition, exercise, and other genetic factors. This will help you a lot and better results may be reported sooner than you can imagine.
Taking ACV is more beneficial than just losing weight
Most people prefer apple cider vinegar because of its efficiency in helping a person cut weight slowly by slowly. But besides this, ACV has a myriad of benefits that it offers to people who consume it. ACV cleanses the body and as well has anti-microbial elements. Others health benefits it offers include; alleviating diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart health, acid reflux, digestion and free radical damage. These and many other benefits can be obtained by taking ACV. To fully treat the health issues we have mentioned above, it’s good for the person to take raw unprocessed ACV which is richly endowed with essential components.
How to apply Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss
Despite ACV having various health benefits to a person, a good number of people don’t like its taste. For this reason, this can be included in your diet so that you can consume it easily. One of the ways to do that is by adding one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water and drink it just once a day. As you get used to taking it, you can then increase the quantity of ACV and times of drinking it. The recommended ACV intake is 2 teaspoons mixed in a cup of water.
Since Apple Cider Vinegar is extremely acidic, it should be diluted before drinking it as it can cause damage to teeth, throat and stomach lining. In addition, you can take ACV with a straw to avoid it harming your enamel.
Different ways of speeding up your weight loss
There are various ways through which a person can utilize to fully benefit from ACV. For instance, to jumpstart the metabolism and impact the feeling of fullness, you can take ACV water an hour before a meal to better the digestion and shed off some weight. Other people propose that ACV works excellent when taken in the morning on an empty stomach, while others prefer to take it after meals.
Find a method that works best for you and take it 2 to 3 times a day. Also, don’t exceed the recommended amount of 2 teaspoons a day. But in case you feel nausea or a burning sensation in your stomach, you can lower ACV intake or try to avoid taking it when you haven’t taken anything. It is as well recommended for a person to take some days off if they have been using ACV for a long while. At least two weeks or so can do you better.
Which is the best Apple Cider Vinegar to take?
Many people get confused when it comes to picking the best ACV that will make them get the much needed outcomes. Not every ACV being sold on the market will offer you all the health benefits of ACV. In order to enjoy the various benefits that ACV offers, you need to apply raw and unprocessed ACV. The best ACV to use is raw unprocessed apple cider vinegar that still has the ‘‘mother’’ which is a cloudy substance that floats in the ACV. Also, organic ACV is another excellent ACV to use. It is normally raw, unprocessed and unfiltered with the important health components of ACV.
When it comes to buying ACV brand, you can purchase any type as long as it’s the right one with the essential components. It should be unfiltered, unpasteurized and organic for weight loss. One of the most famous brands that many people like to use is referred to as Bragg. This ACV can be found in many food stores, on supermarket counters and online too.
Are there any side effects for taking ACV
ACV may have various benefits to its users but there are some things worth noting about it before use. One of the side effects of taking too much ACV is that it may lead to low potassium levels in the human body. This may in turn lead to osteoporosis. Just stick to the recommended amount of not more than 2 teaspoons of ACV a day. Ensure you dilute it as required and doesn’t take it directly. After taking the diluted ACV in your mouth, ensure you rinse it with a glass of water. Also, avoid brushing your teeth after instantly taking the ACV.
Precautions when taking ACV
Apple cider vinegar comes with several health benefits that makes taking it be just wonderful. But when taking it, one should be cautious and take it the right way. ACV is acidic in nature. And for this reason, it can erode your enamel if it comes in direct contact with the teeth. Thus, ACV should be consumed by use of a straw and diluted in water to lower its acidic nature. In addition, the acid in apple cider vinegar can as well burn your esophagus if you take it direct without diluting. Follow these instructions to avoid any complications of taking ACV for a healthy and improved body.
A person on medication should consult the doctor before taking apple cider vinegar.
Tips and precautions for a proper weight loss program
For ACV to perform excellent in your body for loss of weight, there are various things you need to include in your routine to shed off weight. These are as follows:
- If you are pregnant or any kind of medication, avoid using ACV unless your physician gives you a go ahead.
- Conduct exercise when on ACV so that you don’t rely on just one method to reduce weight
- Try as much as possible to stay away from junk foods that are processed, oily, and fatty foods. All sugary foods should be done away with as they will just lead to weight addition.
- Don’t skip meals in the name of losing weight as it won’t work. You will just crave for more sugars and make you weaker.
- Those who don’t like the taste of ACV can opt for Apple Cider Vinegar pills for weight loss. Speak to your doctor first before using such pills.
- Another great way to maintain a healthy body while working on your weight is to eat a nutrition rich diet. Include fruits, vitamins, and vegetables in your diet in order to maintain your energy and reduce sugar cravings.
From the above information, it’s clear that Apple Cider Vinegar is a great substance to use when it comes to losing of weight. This substance can be taken in different forms in which a person is comfortable with. Whether you like its taste or not, ACV can be incorporated in your diet to assist you shed off some weight. For it to function exceptionally, many experts suggest that it should be combined with some exercise, a nutritious rich diet, and good eating habits that enables a person stay away from sugary foods. Consult a doctor before taking ACV. Also, ensure you take the right amount apple cider vinegar and dilute it so that it doesn’t erode your enamel or harm stomach lining.